- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
Hervia M. Ingram, Jr., President/Co-Founder of Xtreme Solutions, testifies at the ERISA Advisory Council Cybersecurity Event
June 7, 2016
In an effort to learn about the elements of scalable cyber risk management strategies for benefit plans, The U.S. Department of Labor’s Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans, known as the ERISA Advisory Council, held a “Cybersecurity Considerations for Benefit Plans” meeting in Washington, DC. The goal of the 2016 ERISA Advisory Council is to offer the Department of Labor draft materials that will help plan sponsors understand, evaluate and protect benefit plan data and assets from cybersecurity risks.
Hervia M. Ingram, Jr., President/Co-Founder of Xtreme Solutions, Inc., an 8(a) SBA certified small business with extensive expertise in the respective field of Technology and Cyber Security, agreed to testify before the ERISA Advisory Council. Xtreme solutions prides themselves on the ability to assist businesses and organizations with policy creation and management. Whether it’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Sarbanes Oxley, or Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPs), Xtreme Solutions lends its conceptual knowledge and applicable experience to aid with organizational effort for successful compliance.
Key takeaways from Mr. Ingram’s presentation included Risk Management Planning, along with recommendations and tips for performing analysis. “Due to the nature of increasing complexity and often impervious nature of cyber threats and attacks, it is virtually impossible to eliminate threats. Many will venture into developing and implementing a cyber risk strategy with the goal of risk mitigation. Instead, the focus should be on risk management, instead of risk mitigation; no matter what type of organization. Risk Management Plans should clearly identify critical infrastructure and processes, and should rank risks from most to less critical, the priority decision should be accomplished through a Configuration Control Board or some other management group that allows the input from those that are familiar with the project. Risk Analysis and Business Impact Assessments also need to be performed to know what needs to be protected and how many resources are required to mitigate any risks. An Information Security Plan also needs to be developed in order to create a safe computer environment”.
Mr. Ingram is responsible for the overall technological direction, development of IT strategies, and providing the strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems and services for Xtreme Solutions and its clients. As President, Mr. Ingram has built a responsive IT organization that consistently delivers results by aligning technology initiatives with business goals, substantial improvement to service delivery, standardization, and business/systems performance. His commitment to successful implementations has resulted in an impressive client roster, including such organizations as AT&T, The Weather Channel, NBC Universal, GSA, and the Department of the Army to name a few. Prior to Xtreme Solutions, Mr. Ingram worked as a Software Engineer, holding various leadership positions for software intensive technology and development programs with a focus on telecommunications. Mr. Ingram has a Master of Science degree in Computer Science from Stevens Institute of Technology.
Certifications & Designations
Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB)
8(a), 8(m) SBA Certified
GSA IT Schedule 70 Contract Holder (GS-35F-0112Y)
Primary NAICS: 541519
Secondary NAICS: 541511, 541512, 541513, 541611, 541618, 541690, etc.
Latest News & Events
- Xtreme Solutions ranked number 7 on the 50 fastest women-owned/led business in the United States for 2017!
- Learn About Business Executives for National Security (BENS)
- Hervia M. Ingram, Jr., President/Co-Founder of Xtreme Solutions, testifies at the ERISA Advisory Council Cybersecurity Event
- The 2016 WPO’s 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies Ranks Xtreme Solutions 16th Worldwide!
- Xtreme Solutions, Inc. Owner/CEO, Phyllis W. Newhouse, speaks at the WPO Reception in Miami, FL…
- Xtreme Solutions Ranks 9th Among the WPO’s 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies Worldwide!
- Xtreme Solutions Supports Foshay FIRST Robotics Team 597 The Wolverines for the 2015 Robotic Season…
- Xtreme Solutions has been selected as a TOP 2014 BUSINESS Awardee by DiversityBusiness.com!
- Xtreme Solutions Ranked Among Inc. Magazine’s 2014 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List!
- Read Forbes article about XSI Owner/CEO, Phyllis W. Newhouse, which profiles women business owners.